Veneers in Austin, TX
A beautiful smile captures attention, but it can be difficult to smile proudly when self-conscious about your teeth. If you are ready to enhance your grin, we can help. At Aspire Dental, we offer diverse solutions for addressing cosmetic concerns. Veneers are among the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments in dental offices today. Designed to correct smile imperfections such as discoloration, gaps, cracks, and more, veneers can dramatically transform your smile.
What Are Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin shells that cover the front surface of your teeth. Approximately the same thickness as a fingernail, veneers seamlessly enhance the appearance of your smile.
These coverings are customized for your teeth in accordance with your smile vision. Veneers are most often placed in pairs on the upper front teeth. However, we can apply veneers as needed to achieve your desired look, even covering all the teeth in your smile line.
Veneers are commonly made from composite resin or porcelain. While the composite variety is considered a more conservative option, porcelain veneers are more natural and long-lasting.
What Do Porcelain Veneers Address?
If you have cosmetic concerns, veneers can camouflage various flaws to elevate your smile.
- Discoloration: Stained or discolored teeth can appear yellow or brown, or they may have dark or white spots on them. Porcelain veneers effectively conceal stains, providing a brilliantly white and uniform appearance, even for stubborn discolorations that resist traditional whitening methods.
- Irregular shape: Veneers can transform irregular or uneven teeth, creating a more aesthetically pleasing and symmetrical smile. Whether your teeth are too small, misshapen, or worn down, veneers can help.
- Cracks or chips: Imperfections like cracks and chips can be concealed by a veneer, restoring the integrity of the tooth’s structure and appearance.
- Gaps between teeth: Veneers are a versatile solution for closing gaps or uneven spaces between teeth, creating a seamless and harmonious smile.
- Minor misalignment: For minor misalignments or irregularities in tooth positioning, veneers can provide a visually straighter appearance without needing orthodontic treatment. However, for more substantial misalignment, we may recommend Invisalign® clear aligners.
While veneers are a versatile cosmetic treatment, they cannot be used to fix cavities or treat oral health conditions like decay, periodontal disease, or root canal infection. These should be addressed first with restorative treatments such as fillings, gum disease treatment, or root canal therapy. After treating the damaged teeth or gums, we can begin cosmetic procedures. By prioritizing restorative procedures, we can improve your oral health and create a strong foundation for your veneers.
If you grind or clench your teeth, you may not be a good candidate for this cosmetic treatment, as the excessive force exerted on your teeth can damage the veneers. However, a night guard can help protect your transformed smile.
Porcelain Veneers vs. Tooth-Colored Crowns
Patients often wonder how veneers differ from dental crowns. Both porcelain veneers and tooth-colored crowns improve the appearance of your teeth, but crowns are primarily a restorative treatment, while veneers are a cosmetic one.
Unlike a veneer, a crown covers the entire tooth surface and is used for more extensive damage. Crowns restore the structural integrity of teeth damaged from decay, chips, or fractures. They also stabilize weak teeth and provide a protective barrier following root canal treatment. Occasionally, crowns are used for severely stained teeth. However, because crowns surround the entire tooth and are thicker than veneers, we must remove more of your tooth’s natural enamel.
The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
With veneers, you will have control over your smile’s shade, shape, and style. In addition to increasing your self-confidence, veneers offer many other benefits, including:
- Natural look: Porcelain veneers are similar in translucence and texture to your natural teeth, giving them a remarkably natural appearance, especially compared to composite veneers.
- Instant results: A flawless smile doesn’t require a lengthy treatment timeline. Porcelain veneers transform your smile in just a few visits, offering immediate aesthetic improvements.
- Stain-resistant: Porcelain is highly resistant to discoloration, ensuring your smile remains radiant even after enjoying coffee, tea, and other staining foods or drinks. In fact, porcelain is more resistant to staining than natural tooth enamel.
- Strong and long-lasting: Porcelain veneers are known for their durability, providing long-lasting results that can endure the rigors of daily use. Veneers aren’t just beautiful—they are also functional. Under normal circumstances, porcelain veneers are not likely to break.
- Customized: Each set of veneers is custom-crafted to match your unique dental structure and aesthetic preferences. They are personalized to fit the contours of your teeth, achieving your smile vision and guaranteeing a secure fit for years to come.
- Minimally invasive: The veneer placement process is minimally invasive and requires only a thin layer of enamel removal to shape each tooth. This preserves the integrity of your natural teeth to the greatest extent possible.
The Veneer Process
At your veneer consultation, we will discuss your cosmetic concerns, evaluate your oral health, and determine if porcelain veneers are right for you. Even though veneers require only a small amount of enamel to be removed, it is not reversible once we shape the teeth. If you are looking for a more subtle look that does not require enamel removal, dental bonding may be right for you. In this procedure, we use composite resin on the edges of the tooth to conceal small chips and cracks. At your consultation, we will answer all of your questions to ensure that you can confidently make the best choice for you.
If veneers fit your dental goals, we will design your smile to align with your vision. This is a collaborative process that gives you control over your smile aesthetics. We can also review your insurance plan and discuss the financing opportunities we provide to ensure that your treatment fits into your budget.
The application of veneers typically requires two visits to Aspire Dental. At your first appointment, we will prepare the teeth that will be corrected with veneers. To keep you comfortable, we’ll use local anesthesia to numb the area and then remove a small amount of enamel from the tooth’s surface to ensure the veneers bond perfectly. After preparing the teeth, we will take impressions, which are then sent to a dental lab. Technicians at the lab fabricate your custom veneers in about two to three weeks. As you wait, we will place temporary veneers to protect your teeth.
At your second appointment, we will check the fit and look of your custom veneers. Then, using strong dental cement, we will bond the veneers to your teeth. Once we check that your bite is properly aligned and make any needed adjustments, you’ll leave the office with a completely transformed smile. Because no downtime is needed after the placement, you can immediately return to work or school. You can also eat as soon as the anesthesia wears off, but we recommend beginning with a soft food diet and gradually introducing your normal foods as tolerated.
Veneers are easy to maintain with a strong oral hygiene routine that includes regular brushing, flossing, and rinsing. Remember to use a soft-bristle toothbrush, non-abrasive fluoride toothpaste, and antimicrobial mouthwash. It is also important to floss between the veneers, just as you would your natural teeth.
Routine dental visits for professional cleaning will also help keep your smile radiant. With proper care, porcelain veneers can last 10 to 20 years, or longer.
Financing Your Smile Transformation
The cost of a veneer procedure depends on a few factors, such as the material used, the number of veneers, and whether prior procedures are needed. At Aspire Dental, we partner with multiple financing companies to leverage the best possible rates for our patients with out-of-pocket expenses. These lenders offer flexible payment plans with manageable monthly payment options. Some plans even boast 0% introductory rates.
Revitalize Your Smile with Veneers
For a striking smile makeover, consider porcelain veneers—a highly effective cosmetic treatment that elevates your smile’s aesthetics. Expertly tailored and remarkably natural, veneers effortlessly mask flaws, delivering exceptional results for those looking for a dramatic smile transformation.
The experienced team at Aspire Dental—led by Dr. Hall and Dr. McNeil—is committed to helping you achieve your smile vision. If you’re interested in porcelain veneers or other cosmetic dentistry procedures, we can help. Contact us today to arrange your consultation.